The Dufferin County Homeownership Component program is designed to provide moderate income individuals and families with an interest-free down payment assistance loan to help them in purchasing their own home.
The Dufferin County Homeownership is an affordable housing program and might provide you with an interest-free down payment assistance loan of up to five percent (5%) of the cost of an eligible home, to a maximum of $20,000.00.
To be eligible for down payment assistance you must be a renter household and meet the following criteria:
- Combined gross household income at or below $88,000
- Must not currently own a home or have a legal interest in a property
- Must be buying a sole and principal residence within the County of Dufferin
- Have assets of no more than $20,000.00
- Must not owe any social housing arrears, including damages
- Be a minimum 18 years of age
- Be able to secure financing on the property
|Call or text 416-262-7139|